What can be done about acne scarring?
Acne scarring is a common after-effect of severe acne, which causes divots and imperfections of the facial skin long after the condition is treated. Dr. Rose Wong of Vancouver, British Columbia, is a skin care specialist in the area who can help patients address acne scars and reduce their appearance with a myriad of services. That includes education and products to prevent acne scars from developing in the first place. At Hush Beauty, we are pleased to offer a selection of options for patients to choose from to improve their skin’s appearance and their self-confidence!
What helps with acne scars?
When you visit Dr. Wong, you can learn more about the various treatment options available for individuals who are faced with acne scarring and other types of skin imperfections. Below are just a few of the solutions we may recommend depending on your unique needs:
- Microneedling – microneedling is a proven method of reducing the appearance of scars by stimulating the skin’s production of collagen and elastin by creating small micro-wounds.
- Morpheus8 – the Morpheus8 treatment is a specialized device that promotes collagen growth with minimal fibrosis, reducing the depth and appearance of acne scars.
- TCA Cross – pitted and rolling scars, also known as atrophic scars, can be addressed with TCA Cross, which uses a trichloroacetic acid peel to achieve results.
- Manual subcision – atrophic scars tethered in the dermis’s deeper layers can be improved with manual subcision, which can be combined with other treatment options for more noticeable improvement.
- Dermal fillers – hyaluronic acid fillers are highly recommended to help patients with icepick and atrophic acne scars that may be deep and large. The filler is injected into the scar to fill in sunken areas and smooth the skin.
- Medical-grade skincare products – additionally, our team may recommend using skincare products to prevent acne scars or treat them. These may include SkinMedica scar recovery gel or the AnteAge home microneedling kit.
Schedule time to speak to Dr. Rose Wong about your acne scar concerns
If you want to address current acne scars or just want to know how to prevent scarring and improve your skin, connect with the team at Hush Beauty to discuss your options. Vancouver, BC area patients can call (604) 800-1154 to request an appointment with our team at 708-1155 Robson Street.